Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy 4th of July


Hello family and friends!
 
Its amazing how fast things are going! I dont even want to say how long I've been out! I dont even know! ha! But its been an awesome week again! So since the sister missionaries left our ward last transfer, we've been adjusting to a really big area and a ton of investigators and members that we need to visit and continue to help! And so Elder Claudio and I decided to go back and visit one of the names in our Area Book of an investigator who has been taught by the missionaries for a long time. Janna and Abby Macarubbo. We visited them and learned really quickly that they had testimonies of the Gospel! They even worked with the sister missionaries in helping teach sometime last year! The only problem is that their parents wouldnt let them be baptized. Elder Claudio and I prayed for them and how we could help them. And the obvious answer came to talk to the parents. But from what Janna and Abby had told us, they've never wanted to talk to the missionaries. But we decided to try anyways! Our next visit, the Tatay was obviously a little hesitant and even tried to hide, haha but I was determined! Haha I think I kind of ran into his backyard before he ran away, but we got him to talk to us for a few minutes. He's looks a little rough around the edges but he's a really really nice guy and he told us how he had been really shy around the missionaries because they were sisters, but that he was happy there were now elders coming! We set an appointment to come back and share with his whole family! The next week we came back and it was like he was a different person! He was constantly asking questions and wanted to know everything! It was crazy! We didnt get to share everything to him and his family but they even set the return appointment for us! Gosh I am soooo excited for that!
 
Another miracle was yesterday at church! Sister Balisi was shopping at one of the markets here and came across the son of her cousin who she hadnt seen in a long time! They had started talking and since the relief society in our ward had set a goal to "flood [Tuguegarao] with the Book of Mormon" as President Benson had said, they all have been focusing on giving away Book of Mormons! And so Sister Balisi brought it up with her... i mean him..(oh boy that tagalog curse may be coming upon me!) Then we were super bummed because we got a nice ol storm here, and they cancelled church.... then it died down a little to we just had sacrament meeting at 4pm. Usually our ward starts at 2 and that investigator showed up to the church at 2 even though it was pouring rain! Then when he found out it was 4, he just waited and came back at 4! Holy cow thats awesome! But anyway we taught him after church in the chapel and the spirit was incredibly strong! This guy, Christopher, is one of the humblest guys I've met! It was awesome teaching this guy because he honestly just wants to follow Christ! Sister Balisi shared a powerful testimony about how she didnt believe that it was a coincidence they had met up again at the market. Powerful, powerful moment!
 
I know this work is true! I'm a little afraid I might be getting transferred this cycle because Elder Claudio's training is almost over... But whatever happens I know the Lord is in it. But I love being a missionary. The experiences I'm having I wouldnt trade for the world! I feel close to my Father in Heaven especially when things are hard. I know He loves us... I know Jesus Christ is the Savior and the Son of God. The Book of Mormon is true and was given to change hearts and change people! It is the word of God. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today! I know that Elder Perry and President Packer have been called from this earth to fulfill a better a greater calling on the other side of the veil. I sustain and support them!
 

Hope everything is going well for all of you! Love ya!
 
Elder Navarro




 

No comments:

Post a Comment