Monday, July 13, 2015

Nothing short of miracles!


I really wish I could just tell every little detail of what happened this week, because there was a TON! But its impossible. 
So we've seen some real miracles in our area especially this last week! So the Macarubbo family is so amazing! We were able to visit them this last week and the Tatay had read the assignments we had given him in 2 Nephi twice!!! And before we were assigned in that area, the two daughters would have been baptized a long time ago if he had given permission... but right when we first got there the first thing the father said was "Anak (daughter) I now give you my permission to be baptized!.... And I give myself permission to be baptized as well!!" Haha he wants to be baptized as well! It was so humbling to see how the Lord can change people's hearts for the good! And Elder Claudio and I keep saying its nothing short of a miracle!
 
Another miracle has been Christopher! He recorded himself reading the introduction and the witnesses of the Book of Mormon so he could listen to it while he was working and when we met with him yesterday, it was one of the most spiritual lessons I had ever been in! The spirit testified to all that were there that our meeting was anything but a coincidence! He is really an awesome awesome guy! Then his aunt, who was there in the lesson right after church bore powerful testimony of her own conversion that I think really was just perfect for Christopher! We have a baptismal date with the Macarubbo's and Christopher and a few others I havent even mentioned in August and September just because a few can only meet with us once a week just because of scheduling, but I'm so excited for this!
 
So I gave my second talk on the mission yesterday! It was about missionary work! So its something that we're pretty familiar with so it was a lot of fun to prepare! I was thinking it was just going to be a short youth kind of talk because thats what happens a lot of time with the missionaries, but when I got there they told me I was the concluding speaker! Holy cow! And then when the meeting started, there was only 1 other assigned speaker that was there and she was a youth with a 5 minute talk prepared! Bishop looked at me and said, "Elder you're talk is going to have to be 30 minutes... or more..." 30 minutes! Haha talks in General Conference arent even that long! So when the sacrament was over and the youth talk was over there was 30 minutes... and that whole time I was praying for the spirit bigtime! So I got up there and wanted to loose a few of my nerves so the first thing I said was "Brothers and Sisters ALOHA!!" And then explained what they do in Hawaii.. And then after that I felt comforted that my prayer was answered. The spirit was really the one who gave that talk and I was so grateful for that guidance! I looked up at the clock at some point and realized that the time was up and it didnt even feel like it at all...
 
I know the Lord is guiding His missionaries. He loves each and every one of us and puts things in our path so that we will grow and learn to become more like Him. I know that "the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom He hath chosen to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance". I've seen this is so many of my leaders growing up and in my parents! I know this is His work!

 
Mahal ko kayo!
 
Elder Navarro
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment