Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Father's Day!


Well Hello! I hope everyone has enjoyed a great father's day! I for one am very thankful for my Tatay!
 
What an awesome week! We had 2 baptisms this week! Brother Angel Curioso and Sister Merly Uanang! Gosh I cant even describe how great that feeling is! There is literally a glow in the faces of those who enter into the waters of baptism! Its like such an innocent glow of those who want to follow Jesus Christ in their lives! So they were both just super excited it was awesome! Angel (whose progression in the gospel went super fast!) was especially excited! He has had a lot of support from one of his friends who is also a member and is the one who first suggested to him that he should read the Book of Mormon, invited his mother to come all the way to watch it. Angel is boarding in Tuguegarao, but they're from Quirino province which is 4 hours away! And she came! That was awesome to see both of them together and how much he loves her and also wants her to join. Merly's husband is less active in the church, but in one of our last lessons with her, she expressed to us how much she wants to live the gospel as a family and doesnt quite understand why her husband is less-active. We talked about how that's what we would really focus on with him and helping them work towards a goal of the temple. So brother came to the baptismal service and in my minds eye, I saw them all together at the door of the temple, all dressed in white and sealed as an eternal family with their daughter as well! It was one of the sweetest feelings I've had! Thinking of them receiving the greatest blessing this world has to offer! An eternal family!
 
But anyway, seeing these people makes me think of one of my favorite stories/phrases in the Book of Mormon when Alma teaches and baptizes at the waters of Mormon "Behold, here are the waters of Mormon, [...] and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of called, and be called his people [...] what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his spirit more abundantly upon you." "And when the people heard this, they clapped their hands for joy and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts." I saw that in these people in our day. God is good!
 
Anyways, I also saw this week people who have such amazing faith in Christ and in God even though their situation is rough. The Balatico family is one. Their Tatay (father) got into a pretty bad accident that fractured his wrist pretty good. Because they're really poor, they cant afford the necessary operation to fix his hand. When we went and visited them this last week, Tatay's hand was swollen really good! He was just saying "Eh it doesnt hurt that bad! It'll heal!" He's waving it around moving it in all different ways. But we shared a message about The trials of the early saints and especially Joseph's experience in Liberty Jail in D&C. Nanay started crying and saying that it is hard, but immediately redirected her thoughts to her faith in God. I really do love these people and am soooooo thankful that I have been assigned here in Ward 4!
 
Specifically this week, I've learned a lot about receiving revelation.. Last week I was really wondering where the revelation was! Because I knew I was supposed to be receiving revelation for my district, but I felt like I was just stuck with nothin. I then remembered what Pres. and Sister Rahlf had said about the purpose of the planners and of course, "line upon line, precept upon precept." I started really paying attention throughout the next few days, having my planner ready to write down any thoughts, and what do ya know?? I started recognizing revelation I had always been receiving, but never wrote down in the planner. It came everywhere! In studies, in lessons, and even in the shower! And at the end of two or three days I was looking at the notes section of my planner full of revelation specifically for my district and how to help them! I know Heavenly Father will guide us to what needs to be said or done to better help His children! It was an amazing experience and lesson learned!
I truly am thankful for this opportunity to be a missionary! I love every seconds and it just gets better and better and faster and faster! I also read something President Ezra Taft Benson said about the Book of Mormon... He say's on his mission he "devoured to Book of Mormon" He also spoke about "Flooding the world and our lives with the Book of Mormon." I add my testimony that its true! It is inspired of God and was written and revealed in our day for us. And as we read that sacred book every day, we will see sooooo many blessings coming our way! I know because that has happened to me! Love you all!
Elder Navarro
p.s. yesterday as we were going home I thought "wow I havent seen a squirrel since I left Idaho.. There are no squirrels here haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment