Saturday, October 11, 2014

What a GREAT week!

Kumusta mga kaibigan at pamilya!!!!

How's life going?? What's new??

This week has again FLOWN by!!!! (I'm starting to think i should just expect it to do that!) But I think I'll start with General Conference! The messages were AMAZING! Its incredible and a miracle that every one has personal relevance to all of us! And the people of the church come from so many backgrounds and situations, yet each message can be directly applied to a persons life! I have many favorites from this last weekend but the two that stick out are Elder Hollands from Saturday Afternoon and President Uchtdorf's from Priesthood Session... I've really been trying to focus on "turning outward" to others and Elder Hollands hit home for me and just put into perspective the purpose of why Christ was so charitable! We watched a MTC talk a few sundays ago by elder Bednar about the Character of Christ. And how the natural man has a tendency to turn inward  or to focus on the self... But to be like Christ we have to "put off the natural man" and "turn outward' And really we find ourselves when we're not focusing on the self... We find purpose in life only when we focus on others! And then Elder Uchtdorf's in Priesthood session about asking the question "Lord, is it I?" when people have a tendency to put the blame on others "Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" I loved that message!

Singing in General Conference was a truly once in a lifetime experience and i was really blown away with how much divine assistance we received in the choir.... Before we performed I personally and the director was pretty nervous about the pitch of the choir.... but i know that we had a lot of help when we sang that day....

So this week has been really great! We struggled a little with teaching our "progressing investigators" early this week but really turned it around these last couple days! In fact yesterday i think was the best lesson my companion and i have ever given thus far.... I'm know it is because we figured out just a little bit how much we have to rely on God for guidance in a lesson! As we taught i was constantly in prayer asking what Heavenly Father would have me say and then i felt as though my "tongue was loosed"!!! I was understanding EVERYTHING he was saying and the best part was I could reply! Not in perfect Tagalog by any means.... but I felt as though the words coming out of my mouth were not my own... which really was an answer to my prayer!!

Also!! met some filipino missionaries that are here from several parts of the phils! Super exciting to talk to them about the Philippines!!!

Anyways.... Mahal ko ang ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo!!! Mahal ko and Espiritu Santo!!  

Mahal Kita! Ingat!

Elder Navarro

No comments:

Post a Comment