Monday, May 2, 2016

"The Lord sent two angels"

Dear family and friends,

Wow! We had a great week! Just some highlights. So Brother Francis Gonzales, one of the most faithful people I've ever met, just got back from his "on the job training" in Tuguegarao. This last Sunday, he came to church for fast and testimony meeting. Elder Pandaog and I were just sitting down listening, when all of the sudden we see Brother Francis step up the pulpit to bear his testimony! We were both super shocked! It was super funny what he was saying but in a way, super super super humble and sincere. He said something to this effect, "Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm have not yet been baptized and confirmed a member of the church, but I was convinced by an angel (the fellowshipper he was sitting by) to come up and bear my testimony... I'm super nervous because I'm not used to speaking in front of a lot of people. But I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ! I remember a few months ago, I was praying to Heavenly Father to know what I needed to be doing in my life. I was very confused about the many religions I saw. But then the Lord sent two angels to my house almost immediately after I had prayed. I know that this is what God wants me to do and I'm so excited to become a member of the Church!" He then finished with a small testimony of the things he knew.

Lisa Edoloverio also has been progressing like crazy! She reads the Book of Mormon every night with her daughter and one thing Elder Pandaog and I have noticed is that she is incredibly humble! She says multiple times throughout each lesson, "I have so much I have to make up to the Lord... I wish I had known about this when I was younger!" She also shared something that really hit me as well. Just like what happened with Francis, the same happened with Lisa. She's a woman in her late 30's and has been to a lot of different churches! She keeps telling us "this is just different." But she also was praying before we met her to find guidance in her life. Then she told us, "after I did that, you two showed up at my door!"

I'm not saying this to brag about our own finding efforts. In fact, its better to work through members to find more people to teach. But I felt very very very strongly this past week that we are literally answers to peoples prayers. Not just Elder Pandaog and me, but all of the missionaries. The Lord really does guide his missionaries to those who are searching for something more to life. It has truly been a humbling feeling and I really feel like Alma of old, "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

I know that the God of Israel leads this mission as our mission president always says. And that He is mindful of each and every one of you! I've seen that in our work here and I know its true! Have a great week!

Elder Navarro






No comments:

Post a Comment