Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas! Ours here was amazing! We had a great time spending time with families we love and sharing the message of the true meaning of Christmas! I just saw for the first time this video and holy cow did it hit me hard! So true. i highly recommend it. http://www.mormonchannel.org/christmas-videos?v=3942657619001&cid=HPMO122214579 

So before the season of Christmas entirely goes away... watch this! :)

Elder Saguire, Nanay Esperanza, MaryRose and me
We had a baptism this last saturday of MaryRose and Nanay Esperanza. It was such an amazing experience seeing them following through on following the example of the Savior! I could see it in their eyes that they knew what they were doing was right! :) Funny story with that too! So i didnt exactly fully what to do, so i was watching some of the kids' baptisms and then it was time for Nanay and she just got in the water without me and then slipped!! I heard a bunch of gasps and then I ran over to where you get in and ran in the water to pick her up out of the water! haha it was really scary.. but kinda funny, just because she was ok! Then she said "tapos na!" which is like "finished!" haha it was an awesome experience for sure!




But yeah things have been great over here! The work was a little slower just because people have been so busy.. but It was such a blessing to be able to share the message of the birth of our Savior! and it really is a message for everyone! Because it means hope!

But another thing... We were washing our clothes this morning and it was really really sunny and beautiful and warm! I felt water onto my flip flops and couldnt help but think of what it was like at roaring springs... then i realized.. "oh...theres probably snow covering it right now...." :) just kiddin!

But I know that this work is true! I know that feelings of goodness and the desire to be better people at Christmas is no coincidence and it comes from God! I hope you have a wonderful New Years and Mahal ko kayo.

Elder Navarro

District Christmas Party
Elder Volpe's note to me

15 minutes before church starts. Filipino time.

View from front of our apartment.

Christmas morning.

People we associate with on a daily basis.

We have awesome members and mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment