Monday, June 6, 2016

Independence in the Philippines!

Apparently its independence weekend in the Philippines... I think.

The work has just been rollin'!!! We've had a ton of member support! In fact, most of our progressing investigators are referrals from members! But miracles are just pouring out in this area! I think I mentioned to you last week about Greg Dela Cruz. Quick recap: Greg's wife, Christine, was baptized last January. At first he wanted nothing to do with the missionaries or the church and he drank... a lot. After a few months, he started to have a change of heart. Long story short, he's getting baptized this Saturday! That was a miracle in itself! After his interview yesterday, he came with us to one of our progressing investigators, Sister Jessa. Quick recap of Jessa: SUPER SUPER SUPER SPIRITUALLY SENSITIVE! VERY VERY VERY SMART! Holy cow! She understands the Book of Mormon probably better than I do and she is the definition of the word "ponder." We've been trying really hard to get her husband to listen as well, with little success. Then we found out, out of what I believe to be divine planning, that Brother Greg and Brother Michael (Jessa's husband) were in the same fraternity group in college and used to be REALLY close and hard partiers and drinkers! They're brothers in the frat group. So Brother Greg came with us yesterday after his interview to teach Michael and Jessa Ruiz. We taught about the Book of Mormon and it was a POWERFUL lesson! Brother Greg bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon and said "Bro! This Book literally saved my life. Its helped me change my life. My vices have brought me nothing but trouble, but this has saved my life! You can change too! I can't describe the help that has come from reading this Book every day. Let this book become your new vice." Thats not exactly what he said but it was something to that effect. It was great! I actually fasted for this family and I just realized last night that that was a direct answer to my fast. 

Another great thing, Brother Greg, Michael, and two of our other investigators, Ray and Pablo, were all in the same frat group in college. They are all preparing for baptism!!! Another miracle about that is we found them all separately! It would seen like just a 1 in a million coincidence, but I dont think its that way. 

Had another powerful lesson on Saturday night with Brother Michael and Sister Jessa, where we watched the Restoration DVD with them. Sister Jessa cried with how powerful it was and what she was feeling! She explained that it just made sense that God would restore His church on the earth. It was a great thing for Brother Michael. He promised to read the Book of Mormon and come to church next Sunday. They have a 4 year old son who I can see will be a missionary one day! Brother Greg and Sister Christine also have a 6 year old son who I can already see as a missionary! The work is booming right now!!!!!!

I wish you could see and experience the things that I'm seeing and experiencing! I feel like these short stories are way too little and dont give the things that are happening justice! Needless to say, I feel like I'm on cloud 9!

Have a great week and take care!

Elder Navarro (Brandon)






No comments:

Post a Comment