Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Family and Friends,

We had a great week! We had a lot going on this week in terms of MLC, deliveries, exchanges, and regular missionary work. I wouldn't have it any other way! Our investigator Evangelyne is doing great! She's still saving money every week to come to church, even though she lives so far away. Her mother and father are there in all of our lessons with her and they promised to come to her baptism when the day comes. Her father is a less-active member and her uncle also came and has been listening to us! I love this family and feel just such a strong desire to help them come back to church! They know they need to, but life happened and got a little lost in work and other responsibilities. A little disappointed as well with some investigators not making it to church last week, but we're doing our best to help them understand.

Our exchanges with Elders Posadas and Frei went very well! Elder Posadas and I had a great day of work! We also were able to be in all kinds of situations that day; first contact lessons, helping investigators prepare for baptism, resolving different concerns from money to desire, working with members, etc. Elder Posadas is such a humble missionary, and just wants to do the right thing.

In just reflecting on my whole mission and really focusing on the Savior even more with the Christmas season coming full swing, I've had a lot of self-evaluation and have definitely felt the need for repentance. I'm learning so much about being a consecrated missionary and how much more it is than just being obedient and reaching goals... it really is who you become, and that shows in EVERYTHING you do. I'm definitely far from it, but constantly strive to be more like the Savior. Especially in facing opposition and discouragement in the mission. I just want to do what's right. I'm thankful for the Savior and love Him with all I have.

Also had a GREAT Thanksgiving dinner and week! I literally wish I could just share everything that happens in every lesson, every contact, every meeting, every study session! But its impossible.

I want to also encourage everyone to check out the Church's site about Christmas! The videos and different things there are very inspiring! I add my testimony that this is the time to celebrate the Birth of Our Savior! A Savior really was born in a small town a long time ago! I know that we can learn of Him, as we study His word, live His teaching, serve others, and share His gospel!

Love you all have a great week!

Elder Navarro








 

No comments:

Post a Comment