Monday, May 25, 2015

Work Progressing

So I really don't have that much time! But here's just a little update about the week. One word to describe this week... BUSY! Holy cow we were busy this week! There were times where I would think to myself, "gosh why does it have to be so hectic and crazy!" but then take a step back and I would realize that I wouldn't have it any other why honestly.

But we got to go back to Cauayan this last week for the new missionaries and trainers meeting! Great meeting. I received a lot of revelation on how I can be a better more obedient missionary and how I could better help those around me! Then of course the food was AMAZING!

But our recent converts progression is awesome! She texts us almost every day saying how she's set up an appointment with one of her friends to meet with missionaries or she's bringing people to church every week ! And these people in turn ask if we could come visit with them! She also has a nasty cold, but still came to church yesterday. I was as shocked as anyone with all she's doing, but it was a manifestation to me of the truthfulness of Lehi's experience with the tree of life. I kept thinking this last week that what she's doing and what we're seeing is nothing short of a miracle. I have no doubt.

Progression in the ward is also great! Our new bishop, Bishop Panopio, is on top of things! Yesterday we had a Ward Council Meeting establishing when, what, and why of all the meetings and discussing people and the salvation of souls. Yesterday there were also 3 members who came up to us with referrals of people to visit, one of them who was at church and wanted to become a member! We have a lot of appointments this week with a lot of really interested and PREPARED people! Its humbling to see and witness the hand of the Lord quite literally hastening the work. Sounds cheesy but its true!

Haha got a little surprise this last week! We went to a FHE with the Articulo Family (both the husband and wife served with my dad in Davao Mission) and that day people were acting really weird like "Elder Navarro you better get some good sleep because you're going to be really happy tomorrow" and "Elder enjoy your night!" And I was thinking what the heck are you guys talking about? Then when we got there the family said they had someone to introduce to me. And it was my tito and tita (aunt and uncle) Hernando! haha funny stuff! They were here visiting family or something and just stopped by Tuguegarao I guess. Weirdest thing was being able to understand them speaking tagalog and being able to converse with them in the language haha but it was good.

Well no time. But I love you all! I know this work is true and is led by Divine forces! Jesus is the Christ and the Scriptures and Prophets testify of Him and His Divine role. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Keep the faith!


Elder Navarro

No comments:

Post a Comment